View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sis42871

I can relate

I can relate to losing yourself in this roller coaster ride from hell. I have been married to my addict husband for almost 27 years. He has gone from being my security to being to someone I can rely on anymore. He hurt his back 7 years ago and it has been on a down hill slide since than. He has been to rehab, he has been on suboxene and now he is on vivitrol. The vivitrol helps with the opiates but there are other non narcotic pills that it doesn't do a thing for. He has had and on going problem with over taking gabopentin. He takes it like it is candy and it makes him very mean. He has tried to convince me over and over again that he can take it with out over taking it, that hasn't happened yet. I am gonna try going to my first alanon meeting on Friday and I am gonna call a counselor that has been counseling us for years and see if I we can talk without him. Your post giving me hope that maybe I can find myself and work on my and not focus so much on him because I can't seem to help him no matter how hard I try..