Old 08-29-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

hi,
In your first paragraph you say you weren't organised at your job and were making stupid mistakes and lame performance. But then you say you were better at your job sober. Maybe it was just some areas you felt you were doing better ?

I know it took me months and months to feel 'normal' or on top form, whatever that was. I never truly felt as sharp or as 'on form' as I did and I thought it was stopping drinking that made me feel dull and less sharp. I realise now that whilst there was a heck of a lot of recalibration of mind and body going on I was also less sharp due to the natural aging process. I quit at 38 and after many months I was diagnosed with a premature menopause which made my mind feel like cotton wool and has reduced more over the years too.

I am assuming you are female (huge apologies if you are not ) You don't say how old you are but it could be a natural aging slowing down process and/or menopause if you are female. It might be worth going to your dr and getting all your bloodwork done just to check there is not something else or other vitamin/mineral deficiency. Just a thought

With appraisals, it's not unusual that our work isn't as great in the first year of sobriety given the huge physical, mental and emotional changes we are going through. I don't think it means we were better at stuff when drinking. I was more hasty, reckless and confident perhaps but the downside of the drinking was too much to deal with.