Old 08-28-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

For those that don't know? Jethro's mother and myself speak very little! I wasn't being a B by not going to the hospital. She's wanted me out of her son's life since the day we got together! Eleven years ago to be exact! Just wanted to put that out there for those that didn't know the past history!

This evening! Brandon was on the couch behind Jethro and Molly was on the floor. When Jethro got up to go do whatever? I covered Brandon with the thin throw blanket that was on the couch to keep him from jumping down on the floor with Molly. The fight would have been on!

When Jethro came back to sit down we started talking. When Brandon heard me talking he started trying to get out from underneath the blanket. When he finally made his way out I pointed at him. Jethro leaned his arm back and slowly rubbed his hand across Brandon's comb and face. The boy froze in place! He was mesmerized by Jethro's hand gently rubbing his face!

I then noticed the blanket was tightly wound around his tail. It looked like an Aunt Jamima head wrapping! Jethro started laughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath. I was folding towels and had to stop due to laughing at Jethro's laughter! Then of course I mentioned my BIL saying we needed to wrap his tail in paper towels, but instead he had a better wrap job done by himself! This just sent Jethro laughing harder.

I swear the antics of this little Rooster is going to get the better of us. He keeps us laughing with his hysterical ways and the goofy sounds that he makes. And of course the dancing sideways he does. Even on the couch!

Sadly! I candled the Momma's eggs this evening. There's only one out of four that has a chick in it! That's La Nora and Buffalo's egg. The lady that gave us the eggs is going to check the eggs underneath two hens she has setting to see if any are with chicks. If there is she's going to give us three eggs. Two for Tasha and one for Strawberry! Yes Strawberry. It's not Bertha setting! I figured that out when I had them outside together the other day. You can really only tell them apart by their combs. One's larger than the other.

My sister picked up her three Barred Rock chickens yesterday. When she got them home the one little hen she has left had them backed into a corner in fear. She had her neck feathers flared out, wings thrown out and was growling at them. LOL Trying to bluff them as she's the boss around there. Chickens are so funny! That's why there's that thing called: "Pecking order!"

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD