Old 08-28-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Goat
capra laeviculus

Thank you so much for the input everyone. And yes, Dee, googling that author yielded the desired result

Weev -- I have *never* had any luck when I was looking. Not once. Not in my entire life.

But, heh, even though I have known that to be true for quite a while it did not stop me from actively looking when I was alone.

I am not what you would describe as "socially challenged"... No, it's way worse than that. Even though I always scored as severely introverted when I took anything like a Myers-Briggs assessment, you wouldn't know it by meeting me. I am extremely outgoing. The problem is that it's not always real. The real me is below the surface. The outside me is a tough biker guitarist dude with long hair and leather. The inside me is afraid of spiders. Well... not really afraid, per se... but I do give them more respect than they may be due.

I am pretty good about allowing the inside me to show through the veil to those closest to me. The problem is that the veil still gets in the way sometimes.

On a related topic, I am working on self-awareness. *JUST* like it says in the big book, I always think I'm being a good guy when in fact I just want the world to do as I wish.

Tonight I got upset because, in my mind, I was trying to help someone and they were not listening to me. But, in fact, I had a tantrum because I was not getting my way. Once I realized that (and these realizations are happening somewhat more quickly these days, thankfully) I saw that may way may not have been the best way after all, and that I should listen more and think a little more outside the box if my true intention is to be helpful... which it is, of course. My way doesn't matter if it isn't helpful.