View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
taplow

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Good to see you Taplow! I haven't read the entire thread but I get the feeling that you are really frustrated and I totally understand what you mean about not having a physical enemy ti face.

Not drinking. It's such a little thing.

Only it's not it's every bit as deadly as a huge multi tentacled monster that wants to devour us only it is invisible to everyone including ourselves.

I tried and failed lots of times (too many times) and just occasionally reading that other people had stopped when I couldn't made me feel worse - even more of a failure than I felt before I read it. I have never said that on SR before.

Anyway, the thing is none of the people who have stopped are better than you - you are just someone that is in the same position as they were before they stopped. I remember from some of your previous posts that you had a very logical thought process so I hope you do investigate rational recovery. I have not read the last two posts.
You know you say you haven't read the entire thread, well neither have I. Thanks for your reply, it's very nice. I actually really understand what you mean and I think it's right. I'm not someone special - oh look at me, I suffer more than you. There's always that kind of stuff maybe. Yes you're right. How are as regards drinking Saoutchik? Are you sober?