View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Damn booze is expensive!

So, with the weekend coming up, having a party at my home for the fight and some friends from out of town staying with me(they don't 'know' I'm an alchy),ect.. I went to the liquor store for the first time in I'd say 8 months? Anyways..same clerk/owner from my daily visits from the past,he thought I had moved or something,so I catch up with the "where you been?" type questions and told him I had stopped drinking.. His response;" I'm so happy for you, I go to AA myself and have been sober 14yrs! What brings you in?".. So, I explain.. he then starts ringing up the Higher end hard crap(s)...I'm just watching the freaking amount get higher and higher! I'll add.. when I was stopping there almost daily that I bought the cheap crap,so I'm not used to the $25-$50(US) price tag. My bottles were around $7.. Long story short...I just dumped $556.74 on booze and no longer drink! I'm accustomed to paying clients bar/food tabs and most, if not all of them are coming to my fight party. I'm sure this will ALL be gone by tomorrow night. My friends can by their booze the rest of their stay if they choose to drink after the fight. I'm not spending anymore money all weekend! Also 110% not drinking. Already told my friends that I have to go to a work meeting for an hour or so tomorrow morning(AA) and That I have "church" Sunday morning(AA). They were kinda taken back that I was going to 'church' because they've known me for 20+yrs and I'm not really the church type person. Thanks for letting me rant since I can't get to a meeting today and have a trunk full of crap that I don't even want!

TLDR; Booze is stupid and expensive!