Old 08-25-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Jbel1985 View Post
I understand that this post is a couple of years old, but I am reading through this forum and this exactly describes what is going on in my head! I am 7 days sober now and have never ever in my life had thoughts like this and anxiety like this. I have been drinking heavily for 4-5 years now. And decided enough is enough. I cannot even remember what it feels like to be "normal"..... whatever that is. Hopefully you found peace. I am hoping for the same. This forum has really set my mind at ease tonight (a feat not easily accomplished in the past week).
Welcome Jbel. Glad you found us. Please don't be scared to do an intro / hello thread of your own on the Newcomers area as well. It's a great way for others to get to know you a little.

I remember being completely shocked at the turn things took when I stopped drinking - by a month in I was a wreck - anxiety and washing-machine head mostly. Thought I was going insane. It was a relief to come here, and shortly after to AA, and find so many people who had felt the same as me. Before starting to drink. While drinking. And then without booze - it gave me a lot of hope that these people had managed to find a way to live happy and fulfilled lives free of booze.

Things will get better if you're willing to stay sober a day at a time, and work on your recovery.

I wish you all the best and look forward to more posts from you.
Take care. BB