Old 08-24-2017, 12:17 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Jbel1985

Originally Posted by Fredo1981 View Post
OMG! i don't know how i arrived here but this is exactly what i am going through,i stopped drinking on the 31st December 2014,i have been okay for the past months,feeling fresh and productive and happy,now things have changed,i am depressed,panick attacks of what if i hurt myself and cant stop,i am a sad soul now,i get so afraid of what if i go mad,what will people say,or what if i lose it at work in front of colleagues or even at the gym,i have good things going on for me,but i cant be happy,i feel like what am i living for,like "and then what". i am planning on going to see a psychiatrist.This story gives me hope,i am going to get rid of this anxiety and depression
I understand that this post is a couple of years old, but I am reading through this forum and this exactly describes what is going on in my head! I am 7 days sober now and have never ever in my life had thoughts like this and anxiety like this. I have been drinking heavily for 4-5 years now. And decided enough is enough. I cannot even remember what it feels like to be "normal"..... whatever that is. Hopefully you found peace. I am hoping for the same. This forum has really set my mind at ease tonight (a feat not easily accomplished in the past week).