View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Originally Posted by Lisapurdue View Post
Oh I know that song and dance...block and unblock, block and unblock....ugh. You know what? Im ok to be honest! I have kept him blocked although there are always ways to get to someone, but I have and I feel good. That last episode is really what I needed to let go. It'll take time but I'm going to be ok..I'm excited at the thought of a possible healthy relationship one day and getting myself back to where I was and even further. I had a stumble but I'm ok..I realize that this man will never be what I need him to truly be despite the lies and ******** he feeds me. All of his actions have spoke otherwise and I now know that. Nothing good will ever come from loving an addict. An addict will do what it takes all on their own to get healthy when they are ready..they don't need us. They need us to keep them sick and feeling ok about it.
Hi Lisa

Yes our addicts are clever & can certainly figure out a way if they want to around a block. So far mine has not done that which I am thankful for.

I am very glad to hear that you are ok. From your words you seem to have a confident attitude & healthy thoughts. I know its also hard. Its all a very big process. But it seems your on a solid path now. Yes it takes time.

Its ok you stumbled. I also stumbled. I volunteered for another round.
They cant help us heal because its their crazy choice in life which causes destruction. The bottom line is we must live a separate healthier life & seek help for our own well being.

Especially over the past six months, I certainly know now that her words said one thing to me but her actions were rarely (or so) consistent with her words. They key is to watch their actions. actions always speak louder than words. Yes we become a means to an end for them. A painful concept to accept especially when you've laid your soul at their feet.

I sincerely wish you all the best.