Old 08-22-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ChocolateAddict

I wanted to quick let you all know that I have read and reread you posts, and that I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply! A lot is going on right now, and I haven't quite sorted the jumble of thoughts in my head enough to make any large decisions. So far what I have done is this:

1) I have involved his parents who turned out to both be recovered cocaine addicts! They are deeply concerned, but believe that he isn't in too deep for recovery. His dad had actually suspected that he was using.

2) I have had several talks with my husband. I haven't given him the ultimatum of me or drugs, but I have made it clear that if he continues to lie to me, I will be leaving and taking our daughter with me. I have also made it clear that he needs to shape up to be a better husband and father, and that he needs to work towards sobriety.

3) My husband has flushed his stash, and he has made major changes in day to day life with me and our daughter as far as being present. From what he says, I think he's going back and forth in his head about wanting to be sober and believing that he doesn't really have a problem. For the time being I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. He is a loving father when he is available, and I have never feared for our daughter's safety.

4) I have been and will continue to set aside money in case my daughter and I will be moving out.

5) I continue to educate myself on cocaine addiction, and quietly read a lot of threads on this forum.

Thank you, all, for being here!