View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lisapurdue

Hi there!!! It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm sure many of you can guess why...yes I let my addict right back into my life. Only to end up in the exact same place again, hurt and lied to and this time cheated on....you k ow I've read many times over with every relapse an addict goes through, it gets worse..I'm beginning to see that with my drug that I keep relapsing on too..him. This time I am taking the necessary steps it takes to rid myself of this person, I. I longer want to be addicted to my drug...him. If you choose to stay with her then accept it for what it is, the pain that comes with her, but if you decide life is much better without her then you are going to have to endure some withdrawal, some pain knowing that clarity and happiness is what you will end up with if you commit to your own sobriety from this person. Hardlessons I replied to you only because I wanted to say a happy hello but this is actually in response to the original note. Hope you are well!!!!

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
Johnnie

If you truly love her you have to let her go for her sake too. I don't know your story but she's an addict. You cant change her - I think you understand that. When you are in a relationship with her your as messed up as she is. It cant be good for her either.

If you cant let go of her for you - then try thinking about letting go of her for her sake - because you love her.

I let go of mine (I love her very deeply). I did it also for her sake. The relationship wasn't working & certainly was taking a toll on her. I did not want to hurt her by this crazy starting up & stopping the relationship merry go round. It wasn't fair to her or me.

If you truly love her - let her go - for her own sake.

Yes these are easy words for someone to say. But I am living through it right now this minute. So I understand completely how you feel.