Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
yukonm

Here to give hope: Celebrating 10 years today!!

Today I celebrate 10 YEARS!!

August 21, 2007, I was standing in front of a judge facing 10 years in prison. I had no idea that same date would be one that I would cherish … MY SOBRIETY DATE. I was in very bad shape in every way …. physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. There was a lot of work I needed to do to heal. I am glad that I was willing to do the personal recovery work required, all the challenging work was well worthwhile. I gradually learned that all I had to do was take it one day at a time and ask God to guide my thoughts and actions.
Today I enjoy working with women who want to change the way they are living. What I know is that the life I used to live was far more painful than anything I have gone through since making the choice to no longer use those self-destructive behaviors.
For any of you who are currently thinking about making the choice to become healthier, I really want to encourage you to be on that wonderful, self-respectful path. The journey of self-discovery will be the most awesome “trip” you’ll ever take!
Today I would like to thank those who helped me along my journey, those who have traveled with me and those who are witness to my transformation. I wish you all love and light, one day at a time.