View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rushl123

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Rush, welcome! You've found a place where people can help with your questions. Yes sobriety is possible. Yes getting sober to become the best parent you can be is the right answer ( and it is my motivation for sobriety). And yes, if you have decided you are ready to work on leaving alcohol behind, you've found a wonderful community to help you with that. Be here, post often, read, learn and post before you drink so you can succeed with the support of all of us. Welcome!
Hey simplyfree. Thanks for your advice in how to use the forums. What a great way to think that I can have a community where I can post if and when I am tempted. Lots of my family and friends will not understand as they will say things like'but you're so much fun when you're drunk' but I am loosing so much of my precious life to this and as you know it does not fit in with looking after a baby when you're filled with anxiety or being sick from a binge session. And to think of all the money I could save and spend on my son through not buying alcohol. I look forward to seeing your posts and perhaps we can catch up more parent to parent. Thanks.