View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rushl123

Originally Posted by decchemist View Post
Welcome, you will find a lot of support here.

I am sill new on this site as you will see from my join date. Several members mentioned a book called "This Naked Mind, Control Alcohol". It costs the same as a couple of bottles of wine. It arrived on Friday and I've read three quarters of it already. You might find it interesting with respect to your statement, "Everything we do is always involving alcohol."

Do join the August 2017 class. Just post hello in there and you will be welcomed with open arms (well open keyboards actually but you know what I mean).
Hello, thanks so much for your response. I will order the book. For me it's not about getting trapped in the same cycle of it all. My friends/ family are all addicted and all cope in different ways and it's such the norm. I need to find ways to
a. Remind myself that even though I'm constantly surrounded by alcohol this is not what I want for myself anymore and
b. That I can cope without it it only I gave myself a chance. Let me know how you get on with the rest of the book and perhaps we can discuss it further? Take care.