View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
That made me laugh. Thanks Berrybean.
Good.

I'm not sure what your bad experiences were - is it the same meeting you're going to? Is there a chance that your reaction to whatever happened last time was more a reflection of where you were personally and how you were coping / not coping with stuff than on the event itself? (NO judgement here honestly as like I say I have no idea what happened - I do know though how terribly, terribly over-sensitive and 'raw' I was when I was first sober and I could - and did- take all kinds of stuff the wrong way, and thinkgs that weren't really anything to do with me I percieved as being a slight. So a grumpy old-timer being his usual grumpy self would have been percieved as me as 'They hate me and don't want me there'. Someone who was distracted by their own thoughts and worries who didnt make eye contact would have given me the same reaction. But maybe that isn't the kind of thing you mean.)

Anyway. If your sponsor is there with you I'm sure it will be fine. Remember: Men stick with the men, women with the women; Listen for the similarities not the differences; and it's perfectly okay to not share.

BB