View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Originally Posted by iew101 View Post
So this morning started normal. I got up, went for a 6 mile run and then to the office. I ran 8 miles yesterday because my gym is moving over the weekend and won't have access.

When I got home my left arm was sore and kinda tingly (fingers too). I made the mistake of googling symptoms. I had a small lunch and tried to chill but I couldn't. My anxiety got the best of me so I went to urgent care. They did some neck x-rays and said I may have a little vertebrae pinching but it could/should go away without treatment.

I felt pretty good about that. My wife and I decided to do takeout from Qdoba. I did a massive burrito. When leaving I thought "I'll do a 6 pack for the football game tonight and then when the gym reopens Monday I'm all in on training and will quit drinking for good." So I bought a mix n' match 6 pack and went home.

I ate my burrito and was digesting watching the game. I got an email saying that I had to be in work early so that saved me from drinking. Then out of nowhere I got super dizzy. This had happened the last time I drank and one other time due to stress.

I've had a stress EKG and heart echo in August so I know it's not my heart. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Today is 43 days sober for me.
By all means exercise is good for you. But you're doing some heavy duty running there. Do you think that might be contributing to your health problems?

Getting and staying sober is huge! It has to be the top focus over everything, at least in the beginning. I would moderate the exercise more and put more focus into your recovery at least for the first year of sobriety.