View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Matt5150

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
why is she your EXwife?
why do you want something to do with your EXwife that put you through hell?
do you have a thought that after she gets out of rehab,everything will be sunshine,daisies,and unicorns? are you aware that rehab is ONLY the beginning of her learning a new way to live life on lifes terms? shes going to go through some SERIOUS feelings and emotions for some time.

notice the selfish,selfcenteredness here- iwant i want i want.

at this point in time, she needs to work on making herself a positive force and im sure she has a LOT more people around her in rehab that know a LOT more on how to help her than you do.

at this time, i think you may want to seriously step up help for YOU.
it reads like you are so wrapped up in her( your EXwife) you lost yourself.
I do realize that everyday after she gets out will be a struggle for her. I get that. And maybe I am a little lost. Why is it so bad to hold out hope that we can be together and healthy together again? Would it be better if I just turned my back on her and when she struggles to let her struggle alone? She has hurt alot of people and many of them may not want to be there for her to support her. What Are her alternatives then? She will need 24/7 care when she gets out. I will avail myself to her No matter what. She is my EXwife because her disease destroyed our marriage.