View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Matt5150

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
have you considered what SHE needs? it is quite possible that her BEST chance of success is to do this without you putting your fingerprints all over it.

step back and ask yourself - do you want her to get sober and live a happy life REGARDLESS of how that involves you - OR do you want her to have a successful recovery only IF it means you "get her back"?
When I hear that I feel like I had something to do with her disease. Like I caused it. Like she's getting a get out of marriage free card. What about my happiness? What about the abuse me and our daughter went through? She can just work on her sobriety and of she chooses she can turn her back on those she destroyed and that's ok? I begged her for years to go into rehab. I tried taking her to aa meetings just to listen. Now that she is forced to go because her family is making her go that makes her the hero? I'm sorry I don't agree with that. You can't just throw bombs constantly and not expect shrapnel. And here I am opening my heart again to her to help her succeed and I need to feel guilty about that? Maybe I'm rambling. Sorry. It just upsets me that my heart can be torn apart and there Is a chance that my love could hurt her worse.