View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rushl123

How do I do this?

Where do I even begin?
Alcohol has caused me so many problems since I started drinking when I was 16. 12 years ago. I estimate that I have probably been drunk over 1,000 times that's probably over 10,000 hours of my life that I do not remember. I black out when I'm drunk and do the most embarrassingly shocking things. Things I wouldn't even dream of doing or saying when sober. I don't wake up every day and need a drink and I drink 'socially' whatever that means so to society this kind of behaviour is completely accceptable and most of the time laughable. However my issue is the fact that I don't seem to be able to say no or stop in these social situations. I have a 9 month old baby now and I am failing him when I am hungover. I never drink when he is in my presence only when he is with my mother and safe. But I am prioritising drinking with my husband over spending time with him and this has to stop. The hangovers I get are terrible. But I just don't know where to begin. How do I say no? How do I remind myself that this is not what I want? How do I not get sucked back in by my husband/ friends. Everything we do is always involving alcohol.

How do I do this?