View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

Every once in a while...

...I'm suddenly struck by a strange, calming sense of "okay-ness." Not very often, since I am, by nature, a worrier, a catastrophizer, a self-beater-upper, always thinking of things I should be doing that I'm not, and things I'm doing that I shouldn't; that's my natural state.

But occasionally, totally unexpectedly, I feel...good, content, for absolutely no discernible reason. It just happened this morning, a total shift in mood and perception. When I paid attention to my thoughts, I realized I was feeling good about very simple things: it's Saturday and I can do as I please; I have people in my life who love me; I have a job that covers my expenses, and a house that keeps me protected and comfortable; I don't drink anymore...I didn't win a lottery, or get unexpected good news, or meet a new romantic interest...just suddenly felt okay with myself and my life.

I think I might be feeling that Gratitude thing I keep reading about here!

I really like it; it's very peaceful...and I think I might benefit from seeking it out a bit more actively, instead of waiting for it to suddenly come over me, every once in a while. This feels really nice!

I love this place,
Arp

Last edited by Arpeggioh; 08-19-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: misspelled "catastrophizer"!