Old 08-19-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd start this off with a little history about myself and why this Thread exists!

I'm a Recovering Addict with three years clean. My DOC is opiates! I've been on and off them since 1985! In the early 2000's I dove head first into a bottle of pain meds to deal with my husband! He became abusive mentally and physically! In 2005 I decided to go off the pain meds cold turkey! It took me a month to get back to some normalcy! I was going nowhere while being strung out on those pain meds! I had my little feathered friends, Silkies, back then too. I loved them dearly and spent all my energy taking care of them! My husband back then hated them. He was super jealous of them. He wasn't very nice to them either. They'd run every time they saw him coming!

After I got myself clean and back to where I needed to be mentally and physically? I left my husband and filed for a divorce. I had to fight him for it, but he finally signed the paperwork! I just wish I'd made the decision to leave him much earlier! So many years wasted in a bottle of pills to live with him!

I'm now married to the man I met when I was 15 years old and said I'd marry him when I was 18 years old. It only took me 32 years later to get him back. We've been together ever since we were introduced again. Just took me a few days to know who he was! Same with him! LOL

He loves our little feathered kids too! I even call him the chicken whisperer! When I was coming off the heavy dose of pain meds back in 2005? I'd stand in the living room window looking at my Silkies in the pen with them all looking back at me and I'd just cry like a little lost child. I truly had lost my way in life and reality from being strung out on those pain meds for so many years. I promised them while being in a dope less sick state Momma would get better and she'd be back to love on them again! My love for them and their needs is what kept me staying off the pain meds.

I got myself off the pain meds and back to living life again. After moving in with my long lost love and having two years clean I injured all my female parts and had to fight the VAH to get my surgery! Of course there I was again back on the pain meds for a year. That's how long I fought them to get my hysterectomy! After my surgery I got injections in my lower back. Back on the pain meds I went again. Then I C/T'ed off them only to be back on them again later on. So with all the off and on times I've been on the pain meds? I've always gotten off them. I hated the person I am while on them. They steal so much of my life and love I always C/T off them.

So this is why this Thread was started three years ago! It's about my life living with my feathered friends and how they keep me on the path to staying clean!

Now! There was a very nice woman that came out yesterday and got one of the Barred Rock boys to take home with her. I'm elated he got a good home! He's got a large area to run around in with 10 hens all to himself now. The hens are also super happy to have a handsome young Roo with them now too!

While she was here Jethro brought Tasha outside to potty! The woman said: "I wish I had a broody in my hens?" I suggested she bring me four eggs to hatch for her! She left and brought back four eggs. I put two under Tasha and two under Sherry! Well Sherry decided she wasn't ready to set yet. So Tasha is setting on all four eggs.

One of the eggs has been underneath a duck setting for a week though! So I discussed with Jethro bringing Bertha inside to set on it until it hatches and then she can raise it. Bertha has been setting on a fake egg for almost two months now. She'll be happy to have a baby to raise in a couple of weeks. I also put one of our eggs underneath Tasha to hatch too. It's a mixed breed egg. Can't wait to see what the baby looks like! I don't want the loner chick to be alone when we give the baby back to the woman. The loner egg is also going to be a large chick when it hatches. It's a Jersey Giant! It's going to be as big as Tasha in just a couple of weeks. So Bertha raising it is for the better!

So anyhow! What this all boils down to is? We will be Foster parents to some chicks in 21 days, helping the hens raise their babies. So exciting on our end of things! Then after the Momma's are done being Momma's to them? They all go home!

One of the Barred Rock hens we are Fostering for my sister laid her first egg today! The babies are all turning into young adults on us! I'm going to be telling my sister to get her coop ready for the two girls and Roo to be joining her lonely hen next weekend. It's time to move them to their permanent home!

In my crazy drugged out days in the past? It's a joy to get up each day to the new happenings with our feathered kids each day! And they bring us such laughter with their silly antics each day too! The sounds they make, the things they do, the chasing bugs behind Jethro on his riding lawnmower as he mows the yard is fun to watch! They also give us so much love back. We just love them!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD