View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BullDog777

I was in a s#it load of trouble physically, when I got sober. However, even after all my test results improved and I was on medication to help repair my body, my health related anxiety was total hell at times. I also have anxiety, ptsd, and OCD.

I had anxiety attacks that would mimic heart attacks. I could convince myself in an afternoon I had something else. My anxiety could mimic almost any symptom I got obsessed with. It was awful.

I visited the dr. a lot. I hated it. The people here can tell you I complained about it a lot. I also got therapy. A lot of that too.

Most of my early sobriety was going through the motions of doing the right thing even when my head told me not to. It's really hard to put into words. I didn't trust my judgement anymore because all that ever got me was wasted.

So I just put one foot in front of the other until time took care of a lot of the intensity of the emotions.

It gets a lot easier. The cravings start to go away and your brain won't be going a million miles a minute and you start to get comfortable in your own skin again. It just takes time.