View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hezzery

Friend is using heroin

Hi there! I just found out the my "best friend" is using heroin. She is married and has an eight year old daughter. Her daughter told me, when I picked her up from school, that mommy had something tied around her arm and was sticking a needle in her arm. I told her dad about it and he has known this has been going on. They are middle class and both have jobs but my friend has been addicted to pain pills for quite a while. Well, she was a long time ago and I was told she stopped. She hasn't really talked to me in about 3 years but I always babysit their daughter and pretty much only deal with dad. I asked Dad what he was going to do about it and he said "what can I do? we are stuck. She has spent all of our money and where am I going to go?" I told him to come to our home, of course. I don't know what to do now. He has sworn me to secrecy but I can't just sit by and continue to watch this. Their 8 year old daughter has been in my husband and my life since she was born. She is everything to us and I feel like I need to protect her and get through to Dad's head. Please help.