Thread: 3 Years
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HeartsAfire

3 Years

I was prepared to come here this evening and write a self-congratulatory post about having 3 years sobriety today. After the events of this afternoon in the US, instead of celebrating, I find myself weeping for my country.

All I can do now is thank the universe that I'm not where I was August 15, 2014. Instead I'm strong, clear-minded & more present than ever. I can handle days like today, weekends like this past one and life's ups & downs in a rational, sane manner. I no longer need to blot out reality. Thanks to sobriety I can face it head on. I can process life as it comes at me in real time. What's even better is that I can even muster up a plan of action and join my fellow countryman in doing everything I can to save all that I hold precious & true - that every single one of us are created equal & are deserving of all opportunities this great country has to offer (including sweet sobriety).

For those of you who are here tonight whether you've been sober an hour, a day, a month or a year, whether this is your first Day One or your 100th (as it felt like I had), YOU have much to be proud of.

After days like today I rely more than ever on the fact that there is strength in numbers. Don't ever forget that. We're stronger together.

Keep coming back. It works when you work it - and you're so worth it.

Hugs, love, light & hope to all today & always,
~Hearts