Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RuthJB88

What do I do?

Hi.

This is my first time admitting my problem. I've convinced myself for a very long time I don't have a problem as I'm fine health wise on the outside.

I can't remember the last day I didn't have a drink of alcohol. It's probably been months. I thought I didn't have an issue as I don't drink in the mornings. I start at 9pm but will have 3/4 - full bottle of wine on weekdays and a bottle of prosecco plus more every Friday and Saturday.

I don't really know what to do. I'm so new to all this. I'm 29 and can't carry on like this. I wake up fine and it doesn't affect my day (except being hungover at weekends). I have an 8 year old son and don't want him to eventually find out what I do to unwind every night.

Is it worth a visit to the doctor to stop? I've set myself so many days over the last year or so that I'll just stop and go cold turkey and I always fail, I just can't seem to not buy alcohol to have to wind down every evening. I'm terrified I'm going to kill myself.

Sorry this sounds very woe is me. But I've no one to tell this to as I'm too ashamed to tell anyone I know in person. I just don't know what to do or how to stop.

Any advice is so appreciated.

Thank you.