Old 08-14-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by AlericB View Post
Originally Posted by Algorithm
The freedom to abandon the Big Plan, to violate a previous covenant, certainly exists, in that one is capable of physically swallowing alcohol, but that does not mean that such an idea is not the Addictive Voice itself. It is the Beast barking, and AVRT will necessarily identify it as such.
This is great teaching. I'll just quote the above because that was the issue which had been troubling me.

I think it's true to say that often things fail to connect until certain intellectual ideas hit home. For me, this idea is the one you've expressed above and which zenchaser also gave in her last post.

So, sorted now or will be once I find that screwdriver I've been looking for.

Thanks again.
I don't look at that paragraph from Algorithm as teaching. I look at it as testing to see how the learning has progressed by the responses to it. It is a test to see if YOU believe that the freedom to violate the Big Plan truly exists (which, obviously, it DOES NOT); or, only "that one is capable of physically swallowing alcohol" but that it will never happen, and with a Big Plan CANNOT happen, no matter what. The latter is what Algorithm is saying, and the AV tries to get us to believe the former is what is true. I classify Algo's paragraph as a shifting exercise. "Ah, IT wants me to believe the former, I know it is the latter. Yes, I can feel and hear IT even now. IT really really wants me to believe that I MUST still have the freedom to drink some more."

Guess what, like those who utilize AVRT, the Beast also knows you cannot violate your Big Plan. Yes, the Beast KNOWS what NEVER means, but its Addictive Voice will try to get YOU to believe otherwise; that you have the freedom to violate your Big Plan to the point that you will violate it. That is ITs mission - and anything goes to get it done. The Beast knows the truth about what the Big Plan really is and that it cannot control your muscles, but the Beast and its AV have many, many advocates all around us at all levels of our relationships with others in society.

In your case, your Addicctive Voice is championing the freedom to choose to drink some more alcohol as a great indicator of our unique humanness. But it is just another pettifoggerous ploy.

I cannot imagine how anyone who has determined that it is morally reprehensible to ever take another drink of alcohol would be troubled with not having the freedom to drink some more. It just doesn't make sense. The Big Plan is a complete, permanent, ironclad, focused, and noninvasive solution.