Thread: New and so lost
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Hi MadelineRose

I'm sorrry for what you are experiencing

I have experience dealing with an addict who used Heroin & alcohol I have never been addicted to or used heroin myself

First I'd like to say that your only 25 years old. You have your entire life ahead of you. You also must be a strong determined woman because you are sober from heroin use for years.

I just want you to consider a few things

Your relationship with your addict got bad enough that you quickly left your home got on a plane & left the relationship

I've seen heroin & alcohol use it isn't a pretty sight. It's not something you can build a future with.

Also for you being in recovery for heroin use isn't it difficult for you to be in a relationship with an active heroin addict?

I totally understand & feel your pain when you said you may never see him again. I'm going through similar pain now.

He can't choose you. He can only choose his drugs. By going back you are just setting yourself up for a world of hurt or maybe worse a relapse on your part

I'm not telling you what to do only you can decide but for me it got to be much more painful to continue being with her than the pain of being without her. The pain of being without her is terribly hard I am not minimizing that pain

I'm so sorry for your situation. You do have youth & great inner strength (you kicked heroin) on your side. You also have your family who seems to care

I wish you all the best