Old 08-13-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Viperidae

Yep, "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. Godamn right." - Shawshank Redemption

Axe, I can't tell you how impressed I am with this effort. Good for you! It may be a little early to start 'giving back,' but I'm going to tell you to do whatever feels right. It is a huge part of sobriety in the AA school, which ain't a bad school at all, to give back. Plus it will make you feel good about yourself, which is something I think many of us have struggled with. You keep doin' you man, because you're awesome and more awesome sober. Just like me.

27 DAYS. A couple of days to a little milestone. I'm no super hero, just fed up and done. I've found that sugar is a major, the major, culprit in these awful bouts of flu like symptoms. I feel pretty good today.

The life coach wants me to keep 2 intensive daily journals...
1. Health: Food, Supplements and Meds, Exercise, 5 things I'm grateful for, what made me happy today, etc. Then we can do detective work with that record.

2. The Future Vision: Write down in detail what I'd like to be doing, not how to get there, but the why I want to be there. EI- I'd like to live by the water, because...' Also. every idea I have for a way to make a living that lights my fire and why it makes me excited. Every single one. How I'd like my future life to look, not how I'll do it, but why it should look that way.

There really isn't a lot of 'how' when you have a goal. There is planning like going back to school, but if you have a vision in mind the steps fall into place and you figure out each one as it comes. That's my view. Too many people are stuck on the 'how could I ever do that?' You just do it. That's it.

She (coach) has given me enough to get to work. I've got the basics of this down in 2, 2 hour sessions. I listened intently and took good notes. She's really a wonderful person. I'm lucky. (Grateful journal).

Ok, maybe I'll check in later. It was my sick friend's birthday yesterday. I went out today and got her nice sheets, a nice heavy bed pillow, bath towels, wash cloths and some other stuff. It took me a while and everything I got was on really good sales that I researched. I wanted her to be able to feel a little more cozy and clean in her place. Anyway I got there and she was grateful but said she has no food, no money for rides to doctors etc, and although it was really nice of me, she'd honestly rather just have money. I get it. I really do, but I couldn't help being offput. I started getting stressed and exhausted fast. I left, with the stuff, and it's going back to the store and I'll spend the money on something I need. Whatever. I'm cool. I'm just miffed.

Viper