Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Lava256

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I went for dinner last night with some colleagues as one of the secretaries across the hall had a baby a couple of months ago and she said she "needed" a night out. She did call into work during the week with the new baby and the baby is cute I admit. I thought she looked really tired around the eyes...which is to be expected I suppose. Anyway she was telling us her mom offered to babysit last week so she and her husband had an evening out at the races. Race week was just mental here. I had to go to town on the Thursday, I went straight to the one shop and straight home again. Anyway they went to some hotel bar for a few drinks and she said "it was so much fun. Ok it was so busy that it took about half an hour to get a drink at the bar but it really was so cool and we had a great time".

Half an hour to get a drink? My idea of hell. I would rather spend time at the dentist getting teeth pulled. But that's the difference between us.

I was just reading an Irish "joke" news site with "funny" made up headlines. The latest one is "Incredibly Boring Man Doesn't Need Alcohol To Have A Good Time". Really?I thought society had moved beyond this sort of nonsense.

Sorry, I am just tired right now.I have a review x-ray and check up on Monday which I am a bit worried about. My wrist seems to be improving but I am worried that I will be stuck with this splint for longer.
Hi Tetra! Hope your review and check up go well.