Thread: Relationships
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blueyes78

Relationships

Well, to start off, I am trying to work things out with my ex husband. I was recently released and anxious to spend some time with him. About a month before I was getting ready to get out of prison, he asked for help with his addiction to coke. I was told he was clean this whole time, with the exception of him drinking. (I pretty much knew he was still using) Anyway, now I've been out for 3 wks, he's completed rehab & decided to go to a half way house. Keep in mind, I'm in Arkansas and he's in Texas. We talk on the phone every few days, but the conversations seem so disconnected. My patience is wearing thin. We communicated throughout my incarceration, mostly my writing him and once a week phone calls, but now, I feel like everything is one sided, like he doesn't even put forth any effort. I try to remember where I was during that point in early recovery, but I am getting so frustrated. I know we love each other, but is there any hope? We've been apart for over a year, we've visited, but of course it was controlled. I feel like throwing my hands up sometimes, but that's what I've always done & I want to do things different. If I don't try, how will I know, but I also have to have someone meeting me in the middle. Anyone else relate to this?