View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by Andagain View Post
Hey there soberfriends, so other than stomach issues physically I'm doing pretty ok except for one thing. I am absolutely exhausted most of the time.

So I was wondering from others who have been sober a bit longer than me (I'm coming up to a month), is this something you had? How long did it take to pass.

Physically my doctors say I'm fine liver wise, so I'm thinking its either withdrawal or an anxiety side effect.
Great job on getting sober!

For me, YES, I was incredibly exhausted and for quite awhile. I was VERY sick when I quit (all levels were at minimum "off" and my liver was dangerously close to cirrhosis) so it took me months to feel truly well. Fatigue is still my biggest flag, need to take care of, etc.

My experience is likely extreme, but the crushing fatigue passed somewhere around 100+ days....then it became mostly napping every day (I went back to a very active job as a server in a place with four floors to the patio!)....and now I am more prone to fatigue when emotional stressors (good or bad) happen. I am closing in on 18 mo sober.

Take care of yourself- sleep as much as your body tells you/that you can- everyone heals differently. The common thing we find is that not drinking is the key to all of the healing.