View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

welcome The Valley

Originally Posted by Thevalley05 View Post
, I have decided to completely cut out spirits from my drinking and limit myself to a safe amount such as 5 beers or a bottle of wine to prevent this from happening in the future as it is only spirits which really seem to break my brain in this way!
Originally Posted by JamesfrmEngland View Post
Stick to beer and wine if it affects you, spirits obviously impair your judgement more than other drinks because their stronger and affect you more quickly. But some people find it's just easier stopping drinking altogether then the worry of wondering how much you're drinking is taken out of your mind.

Originally Posted by Thevalley05 View Post
Cheers James, thought about cutting it out completely but me and my partner enjoy a bottle of wine at the weekend so as long as I can control it I should be ok, just need to be strict with myself.

The old 'spirits are more dangerous to you than other forms of alcohol' is complete hogwash I'm afraid - but it is an irritatingly persistent belief

I almost never drank 'hard' liquor - hated it - and everything that's happened to you happened to me on beer and wine.

In fact I nearly died on beer and wine.

Alcohol is alcohol.

I could not control my intake of alcohol, any alcohol, once I started.

The only way I had to make my life better was to quit drinking completely.

I really recommend it, thevalley- life is awesome sober.

If your gf loses a drinking buddy she'll gain so much more in a sober you.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-11-2017 at 05:00 PM.