Thread: Got an Award!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Got an Award!!!

I'm so proud!

My job can't be done hung over. I am excelling. It was a unanimous vote from the Department for Employee of the Year. What the award represents is really amazing and I'm so happy and on a high. I was thinking about it and I have at some point helped everyone there.

All my friends want to pop a bottle of champagne. Go ahead! Celebrate me! I don't celebrate drinking anymore but they can if they want. Let them do stupid things, be embarrassed and hung over for their young children in the morning. Let them have the regret. My daughter is with my inlaws so she will not be here in the am and usually this makes my AV jittery. Not this time.

I have never felt more like myself and I have never felt more comfortable in my skin. I'm 37 years old and started this journey over 3 years ago and it has been the best decision ever. Really good things have been happening for me and none of this would have happen if I was drinking but they didn't happen all at once. It's like I payed my dues and things started lining up. It's ups and downs but if we keep at it things will get better.

I am so glad google brought me here. I have learned so many tools and I feel like I have matured. I started drinking young so I think my maturity was stunted. I feel like I'm growing. Thank everyone for being here and supporting the group and supporting me.