Old 08-11-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
nexttime

Being sober is not the end all be all to better days all day everyday. Life still happens and sometimes it sucks and sometimes its kick ass. Sobriety means you can feel and experience all of it both the good and the bad. When you are drinking you dull everything down and at least for me use every up and every down as an excuse to get ripped. The AV tends to get to chirping whenever I am having a less than a stellar day. One of the harder lessons for me to learn was how to deal with a bad day and how to celebrate good things without alcohol. I'm still learning but still winning as I go. I take the middle child to college this weekend. This will qualify as both good and hard for me to say the least. I know I won't drink but it does bring to the forefront some of the above sentiments. I will celebrate with good food. I will no doubt shed tears of which I never used to do. I doubt I would have to take my shoes off to count the times I've cried in my adult life. I am willing to bet the total has more than doubled in the last 6 months. Hell I might have to wear flip flops just for this weekend. It is amazing to me how rewarding it is to feel all of life. I enjoy it. I hope all of you get to enjoy it as much as I have been. Have a great weekend everyone.