Old 08-10-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Delizadee

What is this elusive weekend thing you speak of...

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I have a shrub that's half-dead with some mystery disease.

I just got in from cutting off all the dead limbs and stuffing them in a garbage bag.

I missed recycling day yesterday, and the regular trash truck won't take them; but I have a secret plan.

I know a supermarket where hardly anybody goes. They have three giant dumpsters behind the store. They're always empty.

The contraband is currently in my front seat. Tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn I'll go there and unload it!

Then I'll speed away and they'll be none the wiser!

Who says sobriety is boring?
Omg, Gil... this brings me back... to the beginning of this year...

In the last 3 weeks of Christmas 2016 I finished moving two housefulls of stuff into my little half duplex, December 31st being that last crazy day of moving my stuff out of my repossessed farm into the town I'm in now. January 2nd, I walked into rehab, not even coming from my own home other than a precursor stop and grab a small bag, but coming from another city an hour and a half south that I had been doing a cleaning job in, right after Christmas.

So, being that I had hastily moved in all this crap into my house, and then headed straight to treatment, my house was monstrously disastrous. I had basically tossed and piled everything in as fast as I could.
Now, on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays we'd have pass days. Wednesdays we'd have about 2.5 hrs, Saturday 9 hr, and Sunday was 4.5 hrs. I was a lucky one. I had a vehicle and I lived in town. So, my daughter and I got to go home every single pass, which was great- made the 6 weeks go by a lot easier for us.
This was a family treatment centre for anyone who doesn't know my story, I brought my 4 year old with me.

Treatment was so frikken intense and pass days were a crazy whirlwind where you'd try to get EVERYTHING done and plus a nap. And usually end up gorging on junk food and just napping. (hospital food. blech)

So, over the course of two weeks, and because I had missed and or had too much garbage on garbage days, my garbage started to pile up. In a really bad way. Like, I could not get to the dump. I kept outside what I could because it was -40, but still, ravens would get at it.
Still, I'd keep missing garbage days and besides- there's time limits on leaving our bins at the curb, tuesday morning pickups which means I'd have to put my bin out Sunday afternoon.

So, my garbage slowly accumulated over almost 3 months. It was AWFUL. It was my shameful hilarious secret. You can't stash overflow garbage so easy in the city as you can on a handful of acres of farm.

My counselor suggested I do exactly the same thing you are doing! Said she does it all the time! lmao I just about died laughing, then I went home, I intensely studied all the garbage bylaws, planned my plans, and...
Sometime mid March I think I had emptied out all the garbage in my OWN bin. Only took a few months.. haha!
Sobriety a square makes of me.
I was terrified at the prospect of getting a bylaw citation. Either from having too much garbage... or getting caught tossing it in someone else's bin.

After all the drunken stupidity I got through scot free,
I figure I can deal with cleaning up some of my own garbage myself lol

(But, I'd a done it if I had someone with me who wasn't such a scaredy cat. )

In for the weekend. Need some friends.