View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberandhonest

Hi Corse. Thanks for sharing your story. I have come to give you good news. First, there is no question that your parents love you and want to help you. It's just that they probably finally realize that you are the one that has to help yourself. Second, great job on joining SR. Here, you will get support from others who have suffered from addiction and will never judge you. Third, it is apparent to me that you are intelligent and caring. These are great traits! Fourth, you are incredibly young. Get this disease under control and you have an opportunity to start living a great sober life, one where you can accomplish anything you desire, at an age that thousands of us at SR wish we could have. Finally, this will take some time, but I hope that you are able to let go of the guilt and shame and look at your addiction for what it is - a disease. Treat it, just like you would treat other diseases. Make a plan, develop a support system, and execute that plan. A wonderful, long sober life awaits you my friend.