Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

It's Friday and I need a drink! smoke! toot! Weekenders Thread 11-13th Aug

Most jobs are pressurized one way or another.

The job itself might be straightforward but tedious and repetitive. You might be overworked, difficult deadlines that approach over and over. Self Employed? - do I have enough clients, do I have enough time? Sales targets (this would be my area)

And of course there are bosses and co-workers and customers, mostly OK but there is always one or two...

Come Friday afternoon and I was more that ready to get away from all that plus of course, when I was younger there was that added pleasure of meeting people I was attracted to, girls in my case but whatever your preference in this regard the principle is the same.

I accepted without question that this would include intoxicants, in my case "good" old booze, for others it might be weed or coke or a combination of things.

The reason for doing this was never questioned or examined I, we, just needed it right?

Of course even the most superficial questioning of this shows that we don't "need" it at all, quite the opposite. Ironically even the improved chances of meeting someone we are attracted to disappear once we are in our cups.

Oh and the daytime part of the weekend? Mostly a write off.

All the fun things we want and look forward to at the weekend are ruined by alcohol and drug consumption - let's help each other enjoy the weekend without them.

Everybody is welcome.