Old 08-10-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
azwakeupcall

Originally Posted by chiquen81 View Post
How could my cravings just disappear? Is it more of "sick and tired of being sick and tired" or something greater? Probably the AA folks see something greater happening, but I don't know!
My brutal opinion is this.
If a higher power made your cravings go away, that same higher power gave you the cravings in the first place, and at the very least failed to make them go away sooner than now, leading to consequences and despair. I would not want any such higher power in control of my life.

I am an agnostic. I mean no harm to those of faith, but to me it will always be an ugg moment. Religion is just as addictive as alcohol. Addictive personalities will move from one substance to another to get a fix. Surely, some are more harmful than others, but the cycle remains.

If you have no cravings, perhaps you have replaced your time allotted to drinking in favor of camaraderie and activities. That would make sense, and is what I've tried to convey in my own journey. You replace a hobby/activity with a healthier one, and before you know it, you've no time for the unhealthy one. Just my opinion.