View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
mm1741

Hi everyone! Day 22. That means I beat my previous record, and this is the longest i've been sober in 10+ years. I'm also the happiest i've ever been while sober, which I think is more important. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been in a good routine with exercise and work and talking to the support in my life, and want to continue to improve on that.
I haven't been eating enough, though, which is something I need to work on. It's a little tough, because I don't really feel 'hunger' per say, but more just get tired and irritable. Like the past few days i've just been sooo tired when I got home from work, i'd take a nap for an hour, wake up still tired, and go to sleep like an hour later then sleep all night. Finally I ate an entire pizza and a bunch of ice cream for dinner and woke up with a TON more energy. Not saying I should do that on a regular basis, but clearly I need to pay attention to my food intake!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm at the point now where I think I want to start new routines and habits. I'm still wanting to meet new people. I will admit that i'm pretty lonely, but i'm scared to start any sort of new (intimate) relationship so early in my sobriety. The last few times I tried seeing people when I was using were just awful. It was nothing but lies on my part and I always ended up feeling so ashamed because it made me realize how abnormal my behaviors and lifestyle was. I'm trying to just avoid that whole area, for now. It's more important that I make new friends first. And, of course, stay sober.
Take care, everyone. Thanks for being here!