Old 08-09-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Carlsbrad

Originally Posted by LunaBlue View Post
Carlsbrad,
I just want to stop by by and say that there is a way out. Can you talk to your primary doctor and do a safe, home detox? Maybe they could prescribe Librium or whatever to get you through and you could still tend to your business somewhat? I can't imagine you're doing the best job right now. This cannot continue. I am not trying to sound condescending by any means. I was just where you are at a week or two ago, minus the cancer diagnosis (which I am very sorry to hear about, but like others have pointed out, is best faced sober.) I ended up quitting my decent job partway through my bender because I just couldn't face it. I weaned myself very carefully to get off the booze but it was no picnic. I should have been in the hospital. Today is Day 7 of sobriety for me. I truly felt as hopeless and depressed as you when I was still in the grips of the drink. But it's amazing how different I feel today. It's a process no doubt. You can do it. If I can, you can.

I had 26 days just last month after going through hell and detoxing at home....I know that this doesn't sound like any big accomplishment to most on here, but it was for me. I couldn't (and can't right now..) walk from here to there without a drink.... I can't make a phone call without a drink, I can't sleep for 4 hours without a drink... I want this crap out of my life for good. I have cut off every drinking buddy, I have attended meetings that I didnt want to attend, I have been honest with the wife, I have done alot man...But i am still in this rut!!!
I am just.... well....MAD!!!