View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FaithChaser
Ugh!

Wow, thanks for this line of posting Jess! This may sound a lil out there but, I've been kind of wondering why I have been doing this "hermit" thing from time to time lately and this really struck a cord in me. I think part of me is trying to NOT be dependent on people, places & things, fighting my addict side. I'm wondering if this isn't a healthy thing for me to be doing afterall. My pattern has been to first withdrawl, then be upset that nobody has anything to do with me! DUH... Anyway, I've noticed myself doing this again in my life and I'm looking at it differently now. I'd rather depend on my HP, spend my time praying and meditating than leaning on someone else for my problems and irritating them or having them solve the problems of my life.

No Jess you are not the only one that does this. It's so easy for me to depend on freinds, the sound of someone elses voice, thier comfort etc, it has given me confidence, made me feel like I'm not crazy etc. etc. but the bottom line is it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's what I think that matters. As long as I'm still thinking that I'm not good enough, that I'm crazy, that I'm not a good person, being an addictive personality, I'll always need to find something or someone else to fix that problem. Think I've been trying to address it differently latley.

thanks again, prayers are with everyone here for our health and happiness,

~FaithChaser