Old 08-08-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Delizadee

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
if ya grabbed the bottle and downed it to get drunk, i would think so.
and id think you were SERIOUSLY screwed up if ya did that!LOLOLOLO

its ok to agree to disagree woth people, And.
its also ok to not engage with them if they want to start acting high and mighty.

i mentioned before a meeting i did some baking that day. and got the blahblahblah from someone about alcohol in the vanilla extract andblahblahblah.
i just looked at his cigarette.
then his coffee
then his cigarette
then his coffee.
Thanks for the laugh first thing this morning tomsteve!!

I think all has been said already that I would say.
Your recovery is about you, Your friend should worry about their own recovery only.
But, people can be well intentioned or they can be self-righteous, you never know where they are at.
You're allowed to be upset as much as you're allowed to let your friend's opinion roll off your back.

If you value your friendship enough, it may be worth it to you to give them the benefit of the doubt. If your bond and boundaries are strong enough, maybe if it gets brought up again a quick, "thanks for your opinion, but I guess we can agree to disagree. I am comfortable with my recovery, thank you for your concern though." Or some such.

I think asserting something like this might even be helpful to your friend. A good reminder, we stay on our own side of the street and keep it clean, we respect boundaries and people. And maybe they can reevaluate how strong they feel in their own recovery if they feel a need to direct you in yours.

Don't be hard on yourself Keep your eyes on the prize and work what works best for you.