Thread: "Good" News
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 11:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SaveHer

Ugh. You're so right. I need to get off the gossip train, and his mother is obviously the conductor.

Today, we spent almost four hours together before she brought up AXBF. She was so sickeningly hopeful and optimistic. Apparently, he has admitted to having a drinking problem and said he is scared to stop because the withdrawal has been so painful in the past. Even though he has never said anything even remotely like this to me in the past, I felt... well, nothing. I just told his mom to remember that he is very good at talking and not so much at taking action. I mean, he doesn't even have health insurance, and he's talked about getting it for at least a year now--and this is a guy who couldn't even bother to get his license reinstated in the TEN YEARS I've known him.

I am proud of my reaction, which was pretty unemotional and detached, but I still have this desire--call it morbid curiosity--to continue getting these little updates from his mother. I mean, we were together for ten years, we have a child together, and we only split up three months ago, so it's understandable, right? And isn't it potentially helpful as far as the impending hearing is concerned? Or am I just kidding myself here?