Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
tomsteve

ugnius, it reads like youre looking for a miracle drug/potion that will magically make you not drink. it reads like you want to magically not want to drink.
theres no sober fairy that spinkles dust over us and we instantly dont want to drink.

nope, impatient rehab wont work if you expect someone else to keep you from drinking, a pill to stop you, or not have to put in the footwork.
getting and staying sober requires action. it requires footwork on OUR part.
rehab gives the tools to help a person live life on lifes terms. those tools dont do anything until WE use them.
its like building a house- i can have all the materials sitting there and all the tools.
the lumber doesnt cut itself, nails dont get driven in themselves,shingles, get laid themselves, wiring get ran itself, drywall get hung itself, tile get installed itself.
it all just sits there until I grab the tools and use them- when i grab the saw and start cutting and hammer to start driving nails, walls get built. when I hump the shingles onto the roof, the use the hammer and nails to lay the shingles( and knife to cut them to length when necessary) the roof gets completed.
when i lift the drywall into place, then grab my drill to screw it in place, the drywall gets hung. when i grab the drill and drill all the runs for wiring, then start pulling it, the wiring gets done. when i grab my tile saw, mix up some mud, get cutting tiles and spreading mud, the tile gets laid.
because i grabbed the tools and got into action.
until then, the tools just sat there as did the pile of disassembled house in my yard.
that pile can sit there and i could NEED to get into action building
but when i WANTED to get the house built and got into action, it got built.