View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 05:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Yes, it's frightening getting involved with someone in active addiction. I think it really sounds strange coming from a bunch of addicts, but, I would turn and run. It's just such a difficult thing to deal with, the addict, the disease. Since she has only known him 3 months, from what I am hearing in what she says, it doesn't sounds TO ME like he is anywhere near ready yet, (thinking about it, maybe yes, maybe even really in the stange of really beginnning to want it, but ready for it??) .. Sounds like she could just be headed into a whole lot of pain herself, by sticking around, trying to help someone who just may not be ready to be helped yet.
it's just so hard, and I feel so bad for people families that must deal with us.. I wouldn't want to.. As dumb as that sounds. I feel very bad for the pain I caused through all the people that tried to help me when I was not even near ready to get help.
I hope she does the right thing for herself Tat's what matters. It's not worth the pain.
Now if he were to show some REAL BIG changes, some real attempts, that might be a different story. But that would be up to her. Like I said, I only hope for now, she turns and runs..
love, Becky