View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
mm1741

Hi everyone! Morning on day 19. I'm on track to beat my previous record of 20 days, and I am certainly in a stronger position than when I quit last time. I'm still feeling pretty good, although i'm still spacey at times and get bouts of tiredness that I can't link to anything other than withdrawal. I figure it's probably my body releasing cannabis metabolites from storage; whatever it is, i'm trying to not let it get me down. I know I need a good 5-6 weeks before I can consider that it may be all out of my system. I smoked for so long I imagine every possible tissue in my body is/was saturated with it.
I've been sleeping every night, but man am I getting some crazy dreams. I forget about them like 10min after I wake up, but I'm dreaming about people from like elementary school that I honestly did not know I even remembered. And like...zombies. And weird mansions. THANKS WEED. It really makes me wonder how much of a negative effect on sleep cycles weed has. I always considered it a necessary sleep 'aid,' but now i'm thinking otherwise.
I know that it's important for me to stay vigilant as I progress further in my recovery. I still don't have anything much in the way of a social life, etc. My primary goal for the first few weeks has just been stay sober each day and deal with feelings and withdrawal symptoms as they come, but now that i'm approaching 3 weeks I feel that I should do more to strengthen my recovery base.
I hope everyone is doing well (LYNN!)