Old 08-04-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
tealily

Thank you for sharing this. Great responses, too.

Also, congratulations! It sounds like a lot of wonderful things are coming together for you.

It's smart, I think, to vigorously challenge those wistful thoughts about drinking and not take them at face value. It may be a "grieving" period, over losing that part of our lives, but, if you take it apart, it starts to seem like misplaced grieving.

I think of, say, when a little kid wants to run into traffic, or play with matches. Of course, you stop them, but they cry bitterly. It isn't fair! I want to! They feel denied, but obviously it is irrational. It is not good for them, it's dangerous, it's reckless. I know the analogy is harder to see -- when thinking about drinking -- because some people, including your boyfriend, can do it safely. Some always, some only at certain times in their lives, some never.

But the reality is, it isn't safe for you, if it ever was -- and if it ever was, it isn't now.

Congratulations on your 102 days.. and continued best! It sounds like you are doing really well. Hope to get to your point soon!