View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MNVikes4life

Day 3 - Irritable, Fatigued, yet Hopeful

Hello to my support network....Today is my 3rd day of trying to overcome the poison called alcohol.

The day started decent. I had to wake up really early to finish a project for work (I was giving a presentation to my account account managers today). The presentation went fine and the whole day was going decent until about noon. I started to feel really hot inside, like a fever or something. Like the internal heat was cranked up and that let to me being easily annoyed and irritable. This would be a day that I'd normally probably ask one of my account managers to lunch and go get a beer or 2. Anyhow, I made it through the day at work. On the way home I seriously felt like exploding with emotion. I was literally hitting ever red light and I just wanted to explode (I don't have anger issues). I made it home and I wanted to come on here and read and post, but I laid in bed and fell asleep almost immediately and slept for 2 hours and as I'm typing this, I still feel so tired and gross inside. I want to feel better so badly, but I know only time will heal.

On the bright side (well sorta). I got rid of my lollapalooza tickets. Tomorrow is my birthday and I was supposed to go with one of my good friends from down here in Chicago to the concert. I won free VIP tickets from one of my vendors at work. However, I know that I would end up drinking and drinking a lot. So instead I told my friend to bring his wife and gave away the VIP wristbands so instead of partying it up like I normally would I my birthday, I'm going to drive back home to MN to be with my family. My parents are very happy to say the least. Also, I have mentioned before that my brother-in law has been sober for about 2 years so me and him are going to AA on Saturday night. As I mentioned in another post, I have anxiety to go to the first meeting so I feel like going with him will give me a feel of what to expect when I start attending back here in Chicago (I know, I know. I should have just went tonight...).

Anyhow, despite the difficult choices...here I am sober on Thirsty Thursday.

I appreciate you all...