Old 08-03-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
witchx27

Originally Posted by aliciagr View Post
if you know his family, or any of his close friends, and think they might be a support or encouragement to him then contact them.
Thank you aliciagr - I have been wondering about this. Unfortunately, his social anxiety means it has been hard to maintain friendships and he hasn't really got anyone like that.

I don't know his family as we hadn't really gotten to that point before this all happened. I know his mum and sister on FB and I could message them. They know about me and they also saw him on Monday and realised he was drunk and hadn't been to work. I don't know how much he told them or if he's told them since he's fine and at work etc. They are aware of his depression/anxiety and must be aware of his drinking?! I think the only complication is that his dad is an alcoholic and perhaps there is less willingness for everyone in his family to acknowledge whats happening with BF because it would also expose his dad (it seems to be an accepted/unspoken thing in their family that his dad is a high-functioning alcoholic).

I think I am going to make a decision about whether or not to contact them based on his reaction to my stepping away. If he says anything really concerning I don't think I'll have a choice.