Old 08-03-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
witchx27

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
what i think you truly are is quite sick,
Possibly I've used clumsy language, as I say I am at a total loss and reaching out. 'Crazy about him' is just a turn of phrase and perhaps the wrong one. But I don't think it helps to label me as 'sick' when I've told you I suffer from depression and anxiety. I am aware of my limitations and how untenable this relationship is and perhaps I didn't make that clear enough. I intend on getting out of it. This has happened so quickly that I'm just working out how to feel and how to negotiate this as compassionately as possible. Perhaps your point is that, that isn't possible, I have no experience here and I defer to yours. However, calling me 'sick' on the basis of a nervously typed and desperate post feels hysterical. I've never seen anyone self-sabotage like this before. I'm not sick, what I am is worried for someone I have come to care for and sad that I have to walk away from a connection I have forged with someone.

How do I remove myself from this kindly? Without worsening this situation? Do I wait until he finds his way back - I am I naive to think we deserve a sober conversation bout this - or do I just leave now? The latter means sending an email to someone in a really bad place (he won't let me see him right now). Do I say 'I can't be there for you whilst this is happening, get in touch when you feel better' and then have the discussion about why I have to say goodbye when he is more robust? Practical advice about extracting myself in the least harmful way would be really helpful.